When the patient first enters the OR, you can help with the following:
- Make sure to introduce yourself if you haven't already.
- Pull patient's outer gown off and untie the inner gown.
- Get the patient an extra blanket if they are cold.
- Place extra blankets under the patient's head if necessary.
- Place armboards if necessary.
- Make sure table is raised to a height where their head is at the level of your xyphoid process (this is usually the most comfortable position for you to intubate).
In general you should have gloves on and look like you are ready to help.